Saturday, March 12, 2011

Show and Tell

Each Friday, Logan takes something to school for Show and Tell.  Items have ranged from toys to artifacts brought back from the travels of Grandpa and Grandma Finch.  The last couple weeks of Show and Tell have been a little different though.  The day after Stuart the mouse passed, Logan took pictures of the funeral to show his classmates. Yesterday, Logan took another interesting piece of Show and Tell.  A beak leftover from a hawk that had devoured an entire bird except for that part.  Grandpa Finch has quite the aviary in his backyard and told Logan that the hawk had been stalking some birds and finally caught one.  The beak was the lone survivor.
Not the best picture, but you get the idea.
Pictures of a dead mouse, the remains of a bird...I don't know if I want to know where Show and Tell is headed for the rest of the year.  I was already in hiding from The Human Society finding out about the saran wrapped cage that may have contributed to Stuart's death and now I may have DCFS checking in on me after reports that my son has taken body parts of a dead bird to school.  I may need to start checking Logan's backpack before he leaves on Fridays and monitoring this Show and Tell thing more closely...

No comments:

Post a Comment