So Noelle got a BB gun for Christmas. And ever since then, she and Logan have been heading for the hills (a.k.a the backyard) each day after school to shoot at targets, perfect their aim and fire at anything that moves. Deer that used to frequent our backyard haven't been seen in days and birds that were regular guests have taken refuge in nests that I'm sure they're hoping Noelle and Logan won't find. This is another situation in which I'm left asking the question..."Should I be concerned or proud?" Concerned in the sense that with skillful practice, these two could make a deadly duo and get a hankering for the thrill of the hunt...starting with small animals and within years moving on to banks and ATM's. Or, being a little more optimistic, I could be proud that when a natural disaster hits and it's every man for himself, these two will be ready to protect and defend us and our property. Either way, their newly found shooting skills could prove to be useful down the road. Although, I will do everything I can to persuade them that Bonnie and Clyde style bank robberies aren't the way to go. Until then, I'll keep supplying the hot cocoa and ammunition so they can continue practicing on those cold, winter days...
See what I mean...

No comments:
Post a Comment