Yes. I know. Halloween was more than a week ago, but recaps are necessary for my favorite holiday, even if they're one week late...and because there were over 250 pictures taken during October, a call for collages was necessary to show off what went down during the month...
October 1st. I didn't waste a minute to put up the Halloween decor.
Next in the month was our annual neighborhood Halloween Party. Adults only. For good reason. Ryan is waiting for the year that he doesn't have to dress like a girl. From a Spice Girl to a White Swan Ballerina, I must say, he's a good sport.
We took Jackson and Logan to Thriller...
Our annual neighborhood pumpkin carving was next on the agenda and it was quite a party...complete with hot cocoa, donuts, hayrides, Halloween tunes and face painting courtesy of Ryan.
Finally, the big day arrived. Ryan painted our faces and we all got into costume for the kids' parade at school and then trick-or-treating that night.
The "Old Man from the Mountain" greeted the kids when they came home from school. Each year the Old Man comes down from his home in the hills and waits for the kids on the porch on Halloween.
Halloween night was warm. A little too warm. I wanted more of a chill in the air and leaves blowing on the ground...like in the movies. Ryan was a creepy, monster kinda thing and he set a new record of making 3 neighborhood kids and 1 mom cry. I think the gross head he had in the candy bowl that he scared everyone with may have sent them over the edge. Or, it could have been the ugly severed head that he dressed up with a cowboy hat and hung in the window.
It was one of the best October's ever! But I guess I'll have to wait til' next year for that chill in the air...






Looks like so much fun! I love your decorations and the party looks like a blast! Good luck today. I wish I was in PG boundaries to vote for you. I mean, I don't share my political inclinations. ;)
ReplyDeleteWow! Did Ryan work in Hollywood? His face painting is amazing! Your house looks like it's the place to be on Halloween.
ReplyDelete