Saturday, October 15, 2011

It's all for the children...

That's what I keep telling myself as I am about ready to crawl (literally) into bed.  My feet are sore, my calves hurt, my back is in knots and I am tired as he**.  Am I preparing for marathon?  No, the exhaustion is from me and my friend Natalie putting on a Halloween Carnival for 350+ people at our kids' elementary school. This is our third year of being involved because...why? We both love Halloween which automatically designates us to the roles of carnival chiefs as I like to call it.  It is so much work but also so much fun and something we look forward to each year. But here I am at 1:00 a.m. with my face still in Tiger paint, typing with my eyes barely open, and knowing that I have to get this documented because I love Halloween, I love my kids' school and I love the Carnival.  And in the end, this tiredness really is all for the children.  Who by the way, I should be asking to rub my feet after the shindig we put on for them tonight...
It all started with Ryan's infamous face paintings. 
 I'm calling this one Fire Man.
I was Tiger Lady and I found a friend at the carnival that night to prowl around with. 
Jackson and his friends singing karaoke. 
Noelle, Tua and Logan showing off their goodies.
Ryder getting ready to speed away on the train. 
Now it's back to the school tomorrow for some post-party clean up, a pedicure, massage and recaps on a fun Friday night, I hope had by all.
Til' next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment