Sunday, September 11, 2011

Taking Back Sunday

A recent conversation between myself and our 4 year old son...
Ryder: I want Jesus to take back Sunday.
Me: Why?
Ryder: Sacrament is too long and church is too long and boring. Why can't he have Saturday and then no Sunday, just Monday?
Me: I know it's long but I think he likes it when you go to church and learn about him.
Ryder wasn't satisfied with my answer, but I least I know where stands. I just can't figure out why this cutie patootie has an utter dislike for church.  I mean, sure.  I see where he's coming from with it being a little long and all.  But the way he has thought this all out is starting to scare me. This sweet little face heading off to his first day of preschool surely would want to be a Sunbeam... I would hope.
I'm sure it's nothing personal against Jesus. 
Just a hungry tummy that seems to strike during sacrament and three hours of long meetings. I wish I could say that I should join him in his crusade to take back Sunday and give myself a few extra hours to get things done on that day, but I might just get struck down.

No comments:

Post a Comment