Friday, July 1, 2011

He made it!

Jackson made it home from Clear Creek....alive!  We somehow managed to survive five long days without him and he survived with his friends in the wilderness.  He had a blast, but was busy having fun instead of taking pictures, so I snapped a few when he got home.
The infamous Potgut trap. 
A handmade project. 
A rock bug for the start of a collection...? Let's hope not. 
A cool souvenir of a silver rock in an ice cube. 
Jackson said he had an awesome time and didn't even get homesick. I'm still trying to decide if I should be happy or sad about that statement. Oh, there was one little "incident" that's worth noting. The Sweetarts (a.k.a. contraband) that I snuck in his suitcase for a midnight snack were confiscated. I was told that when the counselors asked if anyone had candy, Jackson fessed up. (I really felt bad because he didn't know I put them in there until he opened his bag and found them upon being searched).  After he told me of the incident, we had some reviewing to do from lessons taught to us by the Corleone family:
1) Never, under any circumstance rat out your family (namely your mother).
2) Never fess up unless your under arrest and have a good chance of being convicted, or being threatened by the mob. 
3)  Always side with your family...
"Fredo, you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the family again. Ever."
-Michael to Fredo
4) Don't ever base your moral values off quotes from The Godfather. 
5) Honesty is always the best policy.
Jackson definitely did the right thing by handing over the candy. And I was proud of him. Now, if I can just myself to follow the rules...

No comments:

Post a Comment