Question: Is it possible to have a hangover without consuming alcohol?
Answer: After our 4th of July festivities...yes. Here's why:
The day started bright and early with a morning hike to our beloved "G" high on the mountain top.
When Ryder was tired of carrying his backpack, he rolled his way up the mountain. Not a bad idea...
The views from the path...
Finally, The G was in sight.
And well worth the steep hike to get there.
You would have thought we just hiked Mt. Everest with how excited we were to have reached the top.
Of course, we couldn't leave without making our mark.
On the way down, we got our second wind and decided that our nature outing wouldn't be complete without a quick hike to the waterfall. I can't believe this beautiful scenery is only minutes from our home.
We were toasty hot by noon so we went swimming at PG Pool then readied ourselves for hosting a neighborhood barbecue which included cupcake staches, games and more cupcakes.
The night ended with watching the PG fireworks from the comfort of our neighbor's front yard. We made some of our own fireworks and then literally danced in the street to some patriotic songs.
(So I wouldn't classify Katy Perry's song, Firework, as patriotic but it does mention fireworks and 4th of July so there you go. It sure is fun to dance to though).
Pictures like this make me upset. Ryan's not singing me a song, smelling my hair or being affectionate, he's being a dork. And Jackson is just as bad. Just when I think we've taken a nice family shot for the memory book, I see this. I guess I only have myself to blame that I'm still surprised at this point.
Somehow Ryder managed to sleep through the last half of our Fireworks show, dancing and all.
This morning I woke up very sore from the hike, sunburned from the pool, really tired from a day of fun and wondering how big of fool I made of myself dancing last night. Although, I think Neil Diamond would have been pleased that I did him proud with my dance moves to Coming to America. I don't know if a hangover is ever a good thing, but this one sure was.
No comments:
Post a Comment