Not by a masked gunman. Not by a thief in the night. But by the Boy Scouts of America. It's been three weeks and I'm still losing sleep over what happened. With Logan having turned 8 and entering manhood (a.k.a cub scouts), he needed a scout shirt. Jackson was also in need of a shirt and a few supplies as he "advanced in rank" to that of a boy scout (with three boys, speaking the scout lingo is a must)and with pack meeting closing in, it was time to make the scout store trip. Logan and I went in and someone we knew was working behind the desk. She offered to take us around the store and pick up the needed goods. A simple neckerchief here, a basic belt buckle there...I didn't really check the price on anything and joked to her that this was all going to cost me a $100 dollars. I was wrong. It was $175. When she rang up the total I was in shock. I never thought I would need to take out a home equity loan to finance my sons' scouting supplies, but there I was being robbed at the register by the Boy Scouts of America.
Not-for-profit my eye.
Here's the proof:
Not-for-profit my eye.
Here's the proof:
Jackson receiving his Arrow of Light. Doesn't he look sharp?
For $175 I should hope so.
After pack meeting, I did a little google search of who the President of the Boys Scouts of America is. Of course, it's a man. Rex Tillerson to be exact. And I'm wondering how he sleeps at night knowing that he's charging an arm and a leg to hard working families for basic scout supplies. Does he not know I have three boys? Yes, it makes sense the leader of the Boy Scouts of America is male, but I know for a fact that if a woman was in charge of the organization, there would be some discount outlet, swap and trade or free boy scout supply exchange goin' on. I'm not sexist or anything...I'm just sayin.' Sleep well Mr. Tillerson and enjoy the $175 that I dropped at your store because next time, I'm going to "Be Prepared" and find a way to arm my kids with the best darn scouting supplies without spending alot of mula. Move over Rex, there's a new sheriff in town...
Amen Sista! I am not a supporter of the BS of America. It stinks when you have a house full of boys huh?
ReplyDeleteoh no! I am in for it!!! I have 3 more months and then begins the next 18 years of scouting, one boy after another! Better start saving now!!
ReplyDeleteBut hey, think of scout camp with our boys -and husbands- gone for days on end and us with lots of mommy alone time!!!!
I got called to Cub Scouts and the primary president was like "it's a cult" She said they say they are nonprofit but they are always trying to get the leaders to go to $50 trainings here and $40 trainings there. So she told me to not even tell the leaders about them. They are ridiculous.
ReplyDelete