Our bed has been used for many things (I know what you're thinking and I'm not going there, so keep reading). Last night I couldn't sleep and by the time I went into bed, our room was pitch black. I put my arms out in front of myself to feel around for the metal pole that I've run into on three separate occasions, and I mean hard. Luckily, I missed it this time. My reason for being cautious, is because we have a rod iron bed and it really hurts walking head on into a pole during the night. Although, running into the pole isn't the only mishap I've had with our bed. Several years ago, I had a dream that I was going to the bathroom. And then I did...in the bed. I'm not embarrassed or ashamed. In fact, I would love to hear from others who've had similar bed wetting stories from their adult years. I will say that there's nothing like waking up your husband in the middle of the night to tell him that you've peed the bed. It wasn't a tinkle either. It was a full on change the sheets, buy a new mattress and sleep on the couch kind of bed wetting. Let's move on to the other uses our bed has seen over the past 12 years:
A ropes course for the kids.
A Tarzan-like play area.
Trapeze bars.
And a wrestling arena.
One day, the kids had a Hulk Hogan thrown down party and left a rope hanging on bed. Friends of ours came over and started snickering when they saw the rope. I then spent the next twenty minutes trying to convince them that we really weren't into weird stuff like that and it was the kids who had put it there. To this day, they refuse to believe me and rumors still run rampant in our circle of friends about "ropes" and other things found hanging from the bed. Fortunately, Ryder never caught on to the whole ropes course set up and now Jackson and Logan are too big to swing around. I'm just hoping that these well documented pictures tell the real story of what the ropes were used for.
(At least that's what we'll let people think).


Your ropes is like others asking me if I have a swing in my room...{I do NOT} Just sayin!! My kids are the same way with mine, but luckily they are still a little short to reach the bars at the top! I shouldn't say much as they are growing now! Great Pics!
ReplyDelete