Sunday, June 19, 2011

Scenes from Strawberry Days - Part II

It came.  It went.  Yes, Strawberry Days was everything I dreamed of and more.  And when I say more, I mean more as in I packed on a few pounds from the strawberries with pure cream, funnel cake, snow cones and greasy Purple Turtle meals.  It's okay though, it was all worth it.  Here are some scenes from Strawberry Days 2011:
The boys fishing at Huck Finn Days.
 
Ryder and his big catch. 
The grand finale of the week was the Strawberry Days Parade.  Jackson's teacher, Mr. Schoonover and his wife were the Grand Marshall's.  We snagged Valley View a spot right behind them in the parade and the kids came out in full force to walk the street in style. 
Logan rode his bike. 
Jackson rocked his Razor Pogo stick the entire way.  I'm currently looking into the world record for pogoing to see if Jackson can make the cut. 
Of course, Ryan wouldn't miss a chance to become Hawkie for another public appearance.  As any Hawk would do, he rode the 4 wheeler and flapped his wings like a pro.
I'm sure some of you reading have been keeping yourselves up at night, wondering if we got our romantic spin on the Ferris Wheel O' Love.  And judging by the picture, you'll guess the answer.  I'm leaving that story to the Father's Day post.  But let's just say it involves the Carnival, a Camaro and Vin Diesel.  
Goodbye Strawberry Days.
Til' next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment