Let me introduce you to my new friend, Black Betty.
I've given permission for summer to officially start now that the beach cruiser of my dreams is fully assembled and ready to roll on the streets of Pleasant Grove. She's a 2011 Schwinn with 26 Inch Wheels, 7 speed rear derailleur with SRAM grip shift, linear pull brakes, 1-piece crank, alloy rims, matching colored fenders and stitched leather grips. I actually have no idea what any of that means, I just copied it off the website to make it sound more fancy. With how excited I am for cruising season, you'd think Black Betty is my first beach cruiser bike. She's not. Before her, I had a cruiser that didn't even have a name. It was a single speed which isn't good when you live on a hill and I spent my most time walking that bike instead of riding it because it was so hard to get up anywhere. A few weeks ago I sold it our garage sale and after counting up my earnings, I sped off to the store to make my new purchase. I brought Betty home in a box and Ryan built her up. Within 45 minutes, she was ready to ride. I knew this was the perfect bike when on my first official spin around the block, a group of boys hollered out, "Nice bike." I yelled back thank you and kept cruising. It was like my dreams had come true. I then delivered a head of lettuce to my neighbor in the new basket, ringing my bell as I arrived at her doorstop as if the ice cream man was coming up the street. It was magical. I'm now looking for more items that I can deliver to friends and neighbors. Heck, a paper route is sounding enticing at this point. I even told Jackson that now that I have more than 1 speed, I can join him and friends on their bike rides into town. He didn't like that idea. Oh well, even if it is just me and Betty for the afternoon, it will still be a good ride.
Here she is making her first public appearance on behalf of Valley View Elementary for the Strawberry Days Parade. Elbow, Elbow, wrist, wrist, wrist...
I've given permission for summer to officially start now that the beach cruiser of my dreams is fully assembled and ready to roll on the streets of Pleasant Grove. She's a 2011 Schwinn with 26 Inch Wheels, 7 speed rear derailleur with SRAM grip shift, linear pull brakes, 1-piece crank, alloy rims, matching colored fenders and stitched leather grips. I actually have no idea what any of that means, I just copied it off the website to make it sound more fancy. With how excited I am for cruising season, you'd think Black Betty is my first beach cruiser bike. She's not. Before her, I had a cruiser that didn't even have a name. It was a single speed which isn't good when you live on a hill and I spent my most time walking that bike instead of riding it because it was so hard to get up anywhere. A few weeks ago I sold it our garage sale and after counting up my earnings, I sped off to the store to make my new purchase. I brought Betty home in a box and Ryan built her up. Within 45 minutes, she was ready to ride. I knew this was the perfect bike when on my first official spin around the block, a group of boys hollered out, "Nice bike." I yelled back thank you and kept cruising. It was like my dreams had come true. I then delivered a head of lettuce to my neighbor in the new basket, ringing my bell as I arrived at her doorstop as if the ice cream man was coming up the street. It was magical. I'm now looking for more items that I can deliver to friends and neighbors. Heck, a paper route is sounding enticing at this point. I even told Jackson that now that I have more than 1 speed, I can join him and friends on their bike rides into town. He didn't like that idea. Oh well, even if it is just me and Betty for the afternoon, it will still be a good ride.
Here she is making her first public appearance on behalf of Valley View Elementary for the Strawberry Days Parade. Elbow, Elbow, wrist, wrist, wrist...
Gotta go, it's time for a ride...
I love it!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a kid at heart.
Betty....what a bitch'n ride!
ReplyDelete