Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Big Three Five

Here's the deal.  When you can get a $400 a night hotel room for $59 bucks, you don't ask questions.  You book it and make plans.  Thanks to Mama Finch's employment at the Marriott which offers a discount to family, Ryan and I sent the kids packin' and headed up to Park City on Friday to celebrate his 35th birthday.  We hadn't been to Park City in years and we felt like tourists in our own state.  We were snapping pictures and walking Main like a couple of foreigners.  It was great!
Hotel de Marriott
We checked in...
then checked out the sites.
We walked up Main,
and made friends with Franz, the bronzed bear.
(Franz was getting fresh with me, check out how he's nuzzling my neck.  Ryan was jealous).
After dinner, it was back to the hotel for a dip in the outdoor hot tub. 
For the sake of those viewing the blog, I'll leave our hot tub shenanigans out of the picture...
Our getaway ended the next morning with the ultimate birthday breakfast of Bananas Foster French Toast on baguettes oozing in maple syrup.  (I'm getting hungry just writing about it). 
When we finally decided to head home and pick up the kids, my mom had a wonderful birthday lunch of hot chili and cornbread waiting for us.  Tomorrow we'll conclude Ryan's birthday festivities and celebrate with his family. When it comes down to it, birth"days" need to be celebrated as birth"weekends" and should be carried out for as long possible, because what's more important than recognizing the day you came into existence?  And I'm so glad Ryan did.
And no, I did not come home with a hickey.

1 comment:

  1. But did you come home with claw marks? (note: previous post ;) Awesome. And where do you get that breakfast? Just reading the name makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete