Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wolverine and Me

I like Wolverine from X-Men.  The chops, the wild wolfman hairdo, the claws.  I like it all.  In fact, when I was a few days away from delivering Logan, we went to see the movie X-Men.  We had two names in mind for the baby on the way and Logan (a.k.a. Wolverine) helped seal deal with the choice of name after his academy award winning performance and lack of a shirt for most of the film.  What can I say...I'm a sucker for superheros (or I just had a case of raging pregnancy hormones that night). So it was without hesitation, that I bought the kids a Wolverine Claw yesterday on clearance at Wal-Mart. On the way home, I kept eyeing the claw sitting silently on the passenger seat.  Which got me thinking.  Thinking about Wolverine burning rubber on his motorcycle...
Wolverine and his well worn leather jacket... 
Wolverine leaping out of the water shirtless... 
By the time I got home, the decision had been made.  The claw was no longer a gift for the kids.  It was to be a gift for Ryan. 
 
Why watch the movie when I can have my very own Wolverine right here at home? If only he can grow some side burns before the next full moon...

1 comment: