Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year's Resolutions Revisited

I made a New Year's Resolution to go to the gym everyday.  So far, I'm 4 for 4 with my workout plan.  The problem is, when I came home from the gym yesterday, I thought the kids would like a nice, warm plate of freshly baked cookies to welcome them home from school.  I tried this new recipe and convinced myself that because it had oatmeal in it, it would fit right into my health regimen. Because nothing says New Year's resolution like lots of
brown sugar and butta. 
I've come to the following conclusions regarding the cookie portion of my healthy diet resolution:
1- It doesn't matter what the other ingredients are, if it contains oatmeal it's healthy.
2- It's best to save a secret stash of cookie dough in the fridge to satisfy sweet tooth cravings.
3- The reason I go to the gym is so I can eat cookies titled, 
I LOVE THEM CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES...
 I LOVE THEM CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
2 eggs
1 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups instant oatmeal
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips

(I like to use semi-sweet)
 Cream sugars and butter, add eggs and beat well.
Add salt, baking powder, soda and vanilla. Mix in flour and oatmeal.
Add chocolate and nuts. Mold in golf ball-sized (sometimes I do palm sized balls)
2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Press a glass that has been dipped in white sugar on them to flatten.
Bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment