Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's a new year and time for a new blog!
 I'm only five years behind the blogging bandwagon, but better late than never, right? 
2010 was a great year. 
Here's how we said goodbye...
New Year's Eve night started at 8:00 p.m. with the burning of the
LeMone Family Christmas Tree.
At approximately 8:01 p.m.
our bonfire was over.
 Thanks to a little gasoline and the toss of a match, flames were sent a good 30 feet in the air and torched the tree to nothing but bare branches.  I couldn't have been happier that the bonfire took less than a minute, considering the temperature was 9 degrees and dropping.  I had considered not going out to see the event up close, but Ryan said since it was my idea I had to participate...
After the "bonfire" we headed
up to the Baldwins for a
New Year's Eve bash full of food, fun,
and my favorite,
Rock Band with a little karaoke.
Ryan partied with the ladies.
The kids sang like rock stars.
Our last picture of 2010
right before midnight.
Like father...
Like son...
I'm seriously not kidding when
I say that every picture of
me and Ryan or me and Jackson
comes out with me trying to be normal for a
frame worthy shot and those
two making ridiculous faces. 
 I dug through a few recent photos to
prove to them how silly this looks.
Now this one isn't horrible, but trust me,
he's intentionally pulling this face.
Why? Why is this necessary? 
This one is just plain gross... 
 Again..really?
It never stops...
I've decided that a good New Year's resolution for Ryan and Jackson would be to work on their "picture" face.  Something normal...that doesn't include a tongue sticking out, eyes closed or no smile.  I'll throw a bet on the table that they can't take a normal picture this year and
I'll have the pictures to prove
it when I'm right!
This is our brood...

4 comments:

  1. your blog is so cute, i love the swirls!
    ours is http://justinandashleyreeves.blogspot.com
    i added you to my reader, it will be a fun way to stay in touch! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a follower but you already knew that. The blog looks great look forward to seeing what your 2011 has instore for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great Cyd! Mine is private, so I sent you an invite. Let me know if you have any more questions and I'll attempt to answer them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the happiest girl ever...Nothing is going to top the LEMONERS BLOG! SWEET! I am pumped!

    ReplyDelete