Many times if you're
around me often enough.
around me often enough.
But I have seriously been saying this all weekend. Actually, ever since we watched "Inception" last Friday. I seriously don't get it. For the sweet love of all that is holy, someone please tell me how I just wasted over two hours of my Friday evening trying to figure this movie out. My head hurts trying to understand what in the heck happened. I've heard people say that was the best movie they saw all year...really? What was up with the dream, in a dream, in a dream, in another dream, in a post dream and then another pre dream? Ryan and I almost stopped speaking over this film after his frustration of me asking him for the 230th time what was going on reached a new level. I should have headed to another room and popped in a little Pride and Prejudice. At least the night wouldn't have been a total loss...Jackson says I ask a lot of questions during movies and that I wouldn't understand Tron either. Dang, that's a hard comment to take from your ten year old. What does that tell you. I should probably pay attention more during films with complicated plots.
(Is Tron that complicated, though?)
(Is Tron that complicated, though?)
If you're asking yourself, what qualifies to me to make a public movie review, maybe I need to remind you of a
if-you-blink-you-could-miss-me-scene
I starred in back in 1993.
if-you-blink-you-could-miss-me-scene
I starred in back in 1993.
It was a little movie called...The Sandlot.
I couldn't find the exact scene I was in,
but here's a clip from the award winning film:
but here's a clip from the award winning film:
Trust me when I say,
if you blink you could miss me.
if you blink you could miss me.
But don't let my half-second shot fool you, I have other film credits to my name including co-directing our annual neighborhood Halloween movie, a delightful Quilted Bear commercial in which you probably wouldn't recognize me and "Huntsville." A short film that we laughed our way through while we watched it. The bad news is, it wasn't comedy. So, yes. I feel highly qualified to be giving a Siskel and Ebert review on the latest films....and this week, "Inception",
gets two thumbs down.
(I guess I'm Siskel, the guy with glasses)
gets two thumbs down.
(I guess I'm Siskel, the guy with glasses)

No comments:
Post a Comment