Monday, April 2, 2012

Update

That's it.  An update.  Why you ask?  I'm not even going into why I haven't updated, written, blogged, whatever you want to call it in almost two months.  Let's not talk excuses, let's just talk about now updating our lives into the blogosphere.  Buckle up.  We have from Valentine's Day to get caught up on. 
Logan started the month off with a colorful partaaay....
The kids made their Valentine's Day boxes for school.  And after careful consideration we came up with a "Recycled" theme for Jackson's box.  We scrounged up some trash and stuck it on his box.  Not the most romantic for Valentine's Day but Jackson did win an award for the biggest box!  I was sad though as we put together his box knowing that this would be the last one he would be decorating for Valentine's.  I guess it's not cool to make a cute box to collect your Valentine's in when you're at Jr. High.
That night, we celebrated with our annual Valentine's Day Dinner.
Nothing says Valentine's Day Dinner like breakfast...bacon, eggs, pink milk, pancakes and candlelight. 
I forced Ryan to stay at the table until we had a cute Valentine's Day picture of the two of us.  Is that really too much to ask? I didn't think so either.  But as you know, taking a semi-serious picture with him is like....well, there's really nothing to compare it to. 
When in doubt for some last minute sparkle...grab the bottle of glitter.  Use sparingly...or not.
Spring welcomed us with a trip to sunny St. George with our friends. I know this is a popular place for many a Utahns, but I can honestly say that I have only stayed in St. George a few times.  After our weekend trip though...I hope to go back soon!
We hiked through some narrow (I mean very narrow) spots. I have been dying to ask some local to tell me stories about the many tourists that I'm sure have gotten stuck in the narrows. I mean, it's not like you can move the rock to get them out...there has to be some interesting rescues that come out of those mountains.
I needed some butta' and a prayer to help me squeeze through those rocks.  Good thing breakfast was light.
Yes.  This is the type of pose you strike when you're an 8 year old boy standing on a cool rock.
Two mountain mamas. We were more concerned with taking pics of
ourselves than making sure the kids didn't fall on the rocks. 
That's how we roll. 
So there was this wild Swan at the condos where we were staying.  We nicknamed him Juan.  Mostly because it rhymed.  He flew over the fence and chased the kids down.  It was a dangerous situation.  One that we laughed at and then felt bad about since the kids had been taunting Juan and that's why he flew over the fence to catch them and then he couldn't get back over. 
A hike to the petroglyphs.  That kind of looks like our family.
You know those beautiful family pictures that capture the moment and then you realize after it's too late that one person is turned completely the other way. I still love this picture
though.

A great way to kick off Spring with family and friends. Now when can we go back...?
There really has been more than two events in our lives in the past two months.  But hey, this is progress...at least for me :)

2 comments:

  1. looks like you guys have been busy! love the glitter candle idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good stuff...and exactly what I am talking about. LOVE IT ALL!

    ReplyDelete