A letter to Noodle the mouse (grab your kleenex):
"You let us hold you. I got you with my grandma LeMone. The tear in your ear was so cute. I love you so much. I remember how Mud licked you the 3rd day I got you. I wish you never died. You were the best pet ever. Love Logan."
Noodle, our beloved pet mouse, passed away on December 17, 2011. We found a small box, placed him inside, wrapped it with ribbon and headed for the backyard where Noodle was to become the second rodent to join Stuart in the Pet Cemetary (which is actually starting to sound creepy the more I think about it).
Under the shade of the old Chinese Elm, Noodle was laid to rest by Logan and his cousin, Olivia.
We debated whether or not to get another mouse but considering what we've been through with the lil' rodents, we'll probably pass. Oreo getting lost in the car for 9 days, a litter (if that's what you call them) of baby mice unexpectedly showing up one morning, mice escaping in the house and Mudd trying to "play" with them. Yup. They've been pets to remember but not to replace.

R.I.P. Noodle.
R.I.P. Noodle.
CYD! Thanks for the blog invite! It was fun to read up on your family. You make all the motherhood craziness look good. :) Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteJen
Here's our blog: love-and-photographs.blogspot.com