Friday, March 25, 2011

Superheros for Hire

It's been a little rainy lately. 
So when it cleared up the other day, Logan and Noelle grabbed the Superhero capes that Noelle's mom made for them a few years ago and took to the streets to fight off crime. 
I love a good imagination...and these two have one. 
It was only a couple of years back that Logan and Noelle donned their other superhero costumes while selling lemonade on the street corner.  Jackson worked the register while Logan and Noelle flagged down cars.  But they weren't having much success so I suggested they dress up to attract buyers.  And it worked.  Someone stopped and gave them a $20 bill for their effort.  By the end of the day, they had earned about $35.  I seriously considered dressing up myself and selling "some goods" after seeing the business they were bringing in. 
Looking back, I wonder how smart it was to tell them to dress up.  It was the middle of July and by the time they had closed up shop, they were flushed and ready to pass out from the heat of their costumes (notice Logan in all black) and I'm sure the nice man who gave them the $20 was a pedophile.   
This lemonade stand stuff is serious business, so this
year I think I'll join them as Catwoman and help ward off any would be weirdos.

1 comment: