Not necessarily bad, just kind of blah...
I found this picture of Logan that sums up the day.
A mid-morning power nap turned into two hours of me out cold and Ryder being kept entertained by his trusty back-up babysitter,
the Nintendo DS. Between the nap and 2:00 p.m. I'm not even sure what I did, but I finally pulled myself together and showered. While still in my robe and the clock ticking away to 3:00 p.m., Ryan laughed as he made some smart remark about when I was going to get ready for the day. (This when I don't like him working from home). I told him if he said anything else, he could find a warm dinner elsewhere. Then, fresh from the shower with barefeet, I stepped in warm dog pee on the carpet. In Mudd's defense, I realized he had never been let out to go to the bathroom since last night. With only minutes to spare before the kids got home from school, I knew I wouldn't be able to look presentable by the time they walked in the door. So I presented them with these misshapen choco chip cookies...
Luckily I had some leftover dough in the fridge to whip up an after school snack.
Unfortunately, I ate half of it.
and hoped they wouldn't notice the afternoon bathrobe get-up.
It worked.
Love it! So glad I'm not the only one that tries to sneak in mid-morning naps sometimes. I usually let Janie watch Netflix cartoons on the ipad. Except the other day I woke up from my nap to find that Janie had left the house. There is nothing like frantically knocking on neigbors doors looking for my thre year old with pillow creases on your face.
ReplyDelete