About this same time last year,
Ryan took a guys trip down to the cabin.
They were 2 days into the trip when Ryan forgot that he had a wife and 3 kids at home and attempted a back flip off a jump they made (we had been watching the Olympics a lot at that point and Ryan thought he was going for the gold)
I got the phone call that he had dislocated his shoulder as they were headed down the mountain. And I wasn't too worried about the situation, until he told me about his experience at the hospital in town (keep in mind, this is a really, small town). He had taken his shirt off so they could work on his shoulder when a senior nurse came in and asked him to put it back on. She said nurses in that area don't see men like him very often and it would be best if he left it on. So, not only did I have to worry about his injury, but I also had to worry about the local nurses making the moves on my heavily sedated husband. Fortunately, he made it out of the hospital without a new girlfriend (at least that's what his friends tell me). Although, I did think it was strange when the multiple medical bills from the Beaver Hospital started showing up, they were laced with perfume and had lip marks on them...weird. Ryan and his high school buddies have another trip planned to the cabin and I've warned him about coming home with broken bones. But if he also comes home with a hickey, at least I'll know where it came from.
Cyd, you're hillarious. I'm so glad you got a blog. I love reading it.
ReplyDeleteI hope at least one of those boys took a camera...
If you need someone to watch pride and prejudice this weekend...I'm definitely available.
Bryndee
bryndees @gmail.com