Friday, February 11, 2011

Countdown to Valentine's Day

Flowers from Costco, check.  (Yes. I saved Ryan the hassle and bought flowers myself for our upcoming Valentine's dinner).  Strawberries, check. Pile of love movies to be watched for the next three days, check. Pre-Valentine's weekend is here and we're celebrating full force at our house (whether the boys want to or not) with my favorite chick flicks and love songs for this year. Here they are:
Movies
1) Out of Africa: Robert Redford in his prime, Meryl Streep and the most beautiful cinematography and music ever.  The perfect recipe for romance.  My friend had never seen it, so we watched at her house when her husband was out of town one night.  Even though I had seen it like ten times, I still cried like a baby and blew alot of snot into her grandmother's heirloom quilt. 
2) Pride and Prejudice: the recent version with Kiera Knightley. I'm still waiting for the day when Ryan says that I've bewitched him body and soul. 
3) Robin Hood Prince of Thieves: Kevin Costner with his off and on English accent and Bryan Adams singing, Everything I Do, make this such a good movie.
4) Ghost: I love Patrick Swayze. Better yet, I love the fact that I'm signing me and Ryan up for pottery classes.
5) Braveheart: Freedooooooooooooooooom! This is probably the closest Ryan will come to choosing a love movie. It definitely has enough manly stuff, but with the storyline being that he is avenging the death of his wife, it is a favorite flick for both of us.
Songs
Many of these coincide with my favorite love shows. Music can make or break a movie for me and these songs are part of the reason I love the shows above so much.
1) Flight Over Africa: Out of Africa soundtrack.
2) Liz On Top of the World: Pride and Prejudice soundtrack.
3) Everything I Do: Bryan Adams (and it's gotta be the extended version with the piano solo at the end).  I remember towards the end of 6th grade I got a perm and Eric West told me it looked like I had a dead cat on my head.  Let's just say I didn't start Jr. High feeling so hot about myself. That's why dancing with Shade Ferre to Everything I Do, at my first Jr. High dance made that year more than memorable.
4) Release Me: Pearl Jam, their Ten Album.
5) Groovy Kind of Love: Phil Collins. 
6) Songbird: Eva Cassidy.
7) Sugar Pie, Honeybunch: The Four Tops. 
8) Angel: Aerosmith.
9) I Shall Believe: Sheryl Crow.
10) Breathe: Angels and Airwaves.

Now go get yourself some flowers...

No comments:

Post a Comment