This is how I felt after last weekend.
I was taken over by our animals this last weekend. First, Mudd had a seizure and pooped on the carpet and kind of rolled in it, smooshing it both on him and the floor. Then, later that night he peed all over our bed and I had to wash every piece of our bedding. Thank goodness it doesn't happen often. He just kind of loses control when he has the seizures, so I really can't blame him, but it doesn't make cleaning up his messes any more enjoyable.
Next, came Saturday morning and the weekly cleaning of the mice cage. Yes, we have mice. Not just your regular mice. They're called Fancy Mice. I knew that at some point with three boys, we would have rodents, reptiles or amphibians. So last year, when Grandma LeMone made Logan's birthday wish come true and bought him a Fancy Mouse, I was okay with it. He named the mouse Noodle, and he's (it's actually a she, we just told Logan it was a boy) as cute as
Stuart Little:
After a few months, we all thought Noodle was lonely so we bought Oreo.
The story of Oreo is a whole other post, but let's just say I drove around with him for 9 days in my car after he escaped out of the box on the way home from the pet store (he was found alive). After Oreo, we decided Noodle must still be lonely so we bought Rusty:
Rusty is mean as he**. He bit me a few days after we bought him and it hurt. We are all scared to pick him up so we just look at him through the cage. I'm not sure why we have a pet that you can't touch...but we do. Let me preface the rest of the story by saying that Petsmart told me all the mice they sell are females. So you could imagine our surprise when we found these as were about to clean the cage:
Apparently, Rusty's a boy and we're now the proud owners of six baby mice. Looking back now, there were signs that he was male. For instance, he liked to sleep on top of Noodle every night. I thought he just liked to snuggle. He did, but obviously he also liked to do other things as well. Also, I can see now that he was being protective of his lady when he bit me. So, if anyone is looking for a great Valentine's gift for their loved one in the form of a mouse, you know where to find me.

No comments:
Post a Comment