Does this picture make you
feel bad for my family at dinner time?
Are you wondering how we make it through
a week of home cooked meals?
Fear not, these were just
some homemade croutons I tried to make and
forgot about them in the oven.
I picked out a few good ones,
but they were still gross.
Obviously,I'm no Julia Child.
But I did make some really good
Herbed Basmati Rice from the
Barefoot Contessa Cookbook.
It was delish!
I love it when the dish I make
comes out looking like the picture...
Mine
Hers
It was pretty and tasty.
The eyes are the first to feast,
so even if it doesn't taste so great,
if it looks pretty, that's all that counts.
Ingredients for a successful dinner:
1) A frilly apron
2) French or "vintage" music (see playlist)
3) A good cookbook holder
4) A silent prayer that I won't
burn anything and my family
won't feed it to the dog.
Bon Appetit!

No comments:
Post a Comment