Friday, January 21, 2011

What a girl wants...

Logan has a best friend and her name is Noelle. 
They have been friends, really, since they were born and they play together every day, all day, using a ladder that straddles the fence between our houses as a shortcut for their play dates. 
Noelle is somewhat of a tomboy and I think that's why at 7 years old, the boy/girl thing is still workin' out.  Most days I can find them riding their bikes or scooters,
building a fort in the back or using their sticks, binoculars, and walkie talkies for another adventure. 
I like to think they're an old married couple trapped inside of kids' bodies.  Last week, I found them coming up with a new game.  They had duct taped their mouths shut and were trying to figure out what to do after that, by writing notes back and forth to each other.  I rather enjoyed this game since I didn't hear anything from them for an hour.  Another game they used to play was called Dude.  They would call each other Dude for half the day and keep each other highly entertained. 
Here are some shots of Logan and Noelle throughout the past few years:
 
Last night,
I was showing Logan some books
that I had won at a meeting. 
The title of one was, What a Girl Wants. 
I told him he should give that to Noelle. 
He said, "no mom, I'm going to keep this one for me, then I'll know what she wants."
Good boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment