Thursday, April 14, 2011

Need a Friday Night Flick?

I like scary movies.  No, let me rephrase that.  I really like scary movies.  So when I came across the movie, The Hitcher while flipping through the channels I didn't hesitate to record it for some Friday night fun with the hubby.  The movie was edited and for good reason.  There's a pretty shocking scene at the end. 
Of course, I watched every minute. 
And I went away using the standard rules that apply to any horror flick in my own life:
1)  Never say, "I'll be right back." Because you won't.
2)  Never stay in a seedy motel.  It's seedy for a reason.
3) Never, under any circumstances, pick up a hitchhiker.
Here's my favorite line from the show:
Victim: (eyeing the hitchhiker's wedding ring) I see that you're married.
Hitchhiker: No, I just wear this so people will trust me.
 I apologize beforehand to the elderly lady who someday will cross my path trying to hitch a ride in the rain, but I'm not picking her up.  Nor anyone with a wedding ring for that matter. So if you too want to deny desperate people a lift who are thumbing a ride to their destination, then snuggle up and watch The Hitcher and don't say I didn't warn you.

1 comment:

  1. you are crazy pants- I can't watch those movies they freak me out! see you at bunco tonight!?

    ReplyDelete